Before Your Photo Session:
- Schedule hair, nail, and makeup appointments in advance. Ensure roots are touched up and avoid chipped nail polish. Fresh haircuts are always recommended.
- Plan your outfits a week or more ahead for a relaxed and prepared feel. Share wardrobe photos if needed, and involve us in the decision-making process, we are happy to help!
- Prepare kids casually for the session, using low-key references. Mention it as a fun hangout or a park day to ease any shyness. Maybe offer a treat for afterwards.
- Ensure everyone gets a good night’s sleep and eats a nutritious meal before the session. Try and plan naps before the session so that everyone is rested and happy!
How to Dress for Your Session:
- Dress weather-appropriate and prioritize comfort.
- Opt for a complimentary color palette instead of matching clothes.
- Avoid T-shirts, neon / loud colors or shirts with writing.
- Consider wearing medium or long dresses for more flattering photos, especially during seated shots. Short skirts and dresses will limit your pose options.
- Choose comfortable and breathable clothes and shoes for ease of movement.
- Add accessories like bowties, hats, scarves, or flowing dresses for visual interest.
- Remind gentlemen to empty pockets of bulky items before the session. (Phones, keys)
- Bring a bag to place personal items in while being photographed or leave them in your car.
What to Bring to Your Photo Session:
- Personal appearance touch-up items like lipstick, hairspray or a hairbrush.
- Snacks for energy and water, avoiding items that are messy or will stain.
- Walkable shoes for short to moderate walks on unpaved trails or cobblestone.
- A change of clothes for kids in case of an accident.
How to Pose During Your Photo Session:
- Avoid saying “cheese” and aim for natural interactions.
- Play, laugh, tickle, and snuggle for authentic moments.
- Not everyone needs to look at the camera; encourage playful interactions.
- Smile and look lovingly at your family when unsure.
- Stand close together for intimate shots.
- Relax, slow down, and allow moments to unfold naturally.
- Expect movement to different spots for a variety of shots.
- We will give you lots of help and
Thank you for choosing us as you’re trusted photographers. We can’t wait to provide you with cherished memories that will last for decades.